Saturday, June 11, 2005

More changes...

I am slowly starting to change the look of 'The Blank Page'. It has evolved since I first 'open the door' to it back in Feb of this year. Each time I come here I see things I would like to alter or add. This seems to be my creative outlet at the moment and I have actually enjoyed 'playing'. There have been some moments of frustration - but so far it has provided and proved a great learning curve.

Since E has shown me how to link to the photos from here I am madly loading the images. One picture is worth a thousand words, so they say. P is great with his infinite patience when I ask numerous questions and like a true creative person ( tongue in cheek here!) I 'know' what I want I just can't articulate it... But after much arm waving (me) and 'you know' (me) P normally can work out what I am on about and the best way to execute it. However I am pleased to say that I have figured out bits for myself as well...

Last night I was so excited when one of the changes I attempted worked first time that I let out a triumphant whoop - P stumbled in befuddled by sleep wondering what all the noise was about. Can I help it that little things excite me? If you had told me a few months ago that I would be doing this kind of thing I would have thought you had lost (quite) a few brain cells. Whilst I am still very much a 'babe in the woods' at least I seem to be holding the map partially the right way round. The more I explore other people's blogs - the more I gain ideas for my own - both in the blog design and craft/stitching arena. But I guess that is what it is about really...


LOL... But is this getting much stitching (or anything else for that matter) done. Ahhh... Not really... Balance is needed here. I spend so much time looking that I spend precious (if at all) time 'doing'. I have ideas for things 'popping' up like mushrooms - I have now resorted to a folder and plastic sleeves to try and contain some of the paper which has the lastest next best thing (idea). It is as if I have allowed this creative side of myself 'out to play' and she is taking full advantage 'feasting' on every thing she sees...

As I said in a entry a couple of days ago I have rediscovered my paints - this has come about because of a friend of mine who has recently had her first baby. I wanted to give her something special - something which was handmade and as I know my limitations with my stitching I thought of painting her a baby box.

I went to the library and borrowed quite a lot of folk art magazines and of course there are heaps of designs which 'called to me' - I am quite hopeless!!!!!!!!! I have now narrowed the choice down to two - both fairies. I am quite excited at the prospect of 'getting down and getting dirty' so to speak. I will post a photo when I have completed it.

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

You are going ahead in leaps and bounds, Sharon! I wish I had a computer whiz P in my house instead of a motorbike mad K in mine! Well, only sometimes...I love bikes too. But it would be great if he knew more about computers than me, and I don't know much, so we don't get anywhere as a team, lol!