Saturday, August 27, 2005

Pink bunnies...


I found these while looking for something else... These pair of hare are 30 years old... They were 'overstock' from a mobile I made for my eldest daughter... And they are perfect for my 'bags of fun'... I sort of feel a bit like Noah and his Ark - now that I have the Ark (jeans) all the bits are presenting themselves to come 'on board'...
As soon as I saw them I could image little soft 'bunny' tails... They are made from the softess felt and are lovely to touch... LOL I am moving very much away from my 'faces' bag and into a child's drawing. Perhaps I am allowing that part of me who wants to have a 'happy bag' really have some creative control here... LOL- goodness what I will end up with - but I think it will be definetly 'happy'... The jeans are having their last night with legs and hopefully tomorrow, they will start the transition as their new life as a bag...

I went to the stitching group this afternoon. While I didn't get a lot of stitching head way done I enjoyed sitting with a group of ladies all doing the same thing... There was some serious talk but also much laughter as we drew our individual needles through fabric... I am thinking seriously of joining the Guild as it would then offer me more in terms of meetings and learning more skills...

My thanks to P for helping me get the bits right for the 'bags of fun' ticker and sharonb's button... What a way to spend Saturday night with your man - huddled over the comp...

4 comments:

Gina E. said...

I just knew there was something I could have been doing today, that was more productive than two loads of washing, then going to Office Works with Ken to look for computer desks. We didn't find one that suited our needs, so I think I can persuade him to visit some opshops or secondhand shops and just settle for a large table or old desk. But I did do some stitching while I was sitting in the car while Ken detoured to Auto Barn for 15 minutes!

Sharon said...

A 'quickie' Gina as I am off to work... Have you thought about 2nd hand office supplies - we have a shop like that over near Forest Hills - just off the cnr of Springvale and Canturbury Road-on the right hand side heading TOWARDS the city... It is set back onto a little service road... Infact why didn't I think of it for E... duh!!!!!

sharonb said...

I suppose huddled over the computer together is better than fighting over the computer - you have to look on the bright side!

Sharon said...

LOL sharonb - the trouble is I get a little testy if things don't work out the way I want them too. I think I do try the patience of my good man at times...