Friday, September 02, 2005

3/4 stitched butterfly...



I have done a little more to my butterfly. It looks a little skew whiff - but I intend to plow onwards as I want to see it finished. I have learnt heaps by doing it thus far and I would go about it a little differently if I were to attempt it again. Even though it is a little rustic - it has a peacful feel about it and so I am happy with that. I guess that is the beauty of 'playing' and not getting to precious about the outcome.

I found out today that I have Sunday off - as much as I like this job - only having single days off - and not any weekends - is starting to wear a little thin. It takes me back a couple of years when I worked every weekend for about 18 months. There is something magical about a Friday night with those two unfilled days stretching ahead full of promise...

I was shocked at the images coming out from New Orleans - the human suffering and the devastation defies words. I cannot think of anything else to say that will be meaningful - only that my thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected...

No comments: