Friday, September 23, 2005

More mermaid tails...


I have done some more on M's mermaid... I am determined to have it completed and framed for her birthday in early Nov. I do enjoy stitching this but just seem to lack the drive to finish it. I think that it has been 'hanging around' far too long and like all good things can, has gone 'off the boil'... I really want to get on with other things but I refuse to start anything else until this is finished.
Although one good thing about it I now have a better idea where I want the beading to go. There is a bird slowly 'evolving' up in the corner and I can 'see' a beady eye in both senses of the word keeping an eye on things... Beading wasn't included in the original pattern but as I proceeded to stitch this little lady I just felt that she needed just a touch of 'glitz' - as all self respecting mermaids do... I am hoping to bead the 'skirt' of her tail and add a 'jewel' to her little bottle that she is holding... I don't want to over do it - just enough 'sparkle' to keep the eye interested and travelling around the piece and the light to 'catch'...
I sat up in bed this morning in the best light of the morning sun and did about an hour's worth... I have realised that I have made a slight mistake but I refuse to unpick it at this stage... I can't see that it is going to make that much difference - my 'perfectionist side' has kicked in but I am ignoring it... Unless it looks woeful - who is going to know - I have only told half the world... :)

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Sharlee, I am so pleased to see you making progress on Mel's Mermaid - and to think of using some beads to make it sparkle - great idea!