Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Tuesdays titters...

Today looked like it was going to be a great day weather wise - however in the last half an hour it has clouded over and become quite chilly... I decided last night that I was going to 'get all domestic' - I do hate the monotony of housework - but I can see some serious spring cleaning needing to happen here soon. As I got out of bed this morning I dragged the bed linen behind me as it looked like it was that sort of 'sheets stirring in the sunny breeze' kinda day - but the way it is getting greyer and greyer by the minute it could be a 'hanging forlornly in the drizzle' instead...

I am still in good spirits and have thought while I am on 'forced leave' I will try and make some impact around here - believe you me it could do with some impact... Although there is a part of me that wouldn't mind a cafe latte in some warm little nook reading my book either... Choices, choices, choices...

Last night I decided to grid the material for my petal fairy (photo in sidebar under WIP'S )... I am a little disappointed that she has ended up on 18 count white aida - but on the realistic side she is more likely to be stitched if I can actually see what I am doing.... P had an interesting suggestion which was to try a very slight water colour wash fading to white behind her. Still thinking on that one. While gridding this piece is going to be time consuming it will be worth it in the long run... I will be able to keep 'on track' at a glance - well that is the theory anyway... I have never attempted such a large piece of work before so I am a being a bit of a 'nervous nelly'... I suggested to P that he might like to have it framed for me for my next birthday... That gives me 51 weeks... Quick, I had better thread my needle NOW!!!!!!!

M's mermaid came to an abrupt halt yesterday when I realised I had made a glaring mistake with the bird's wing... This one I couldn't fudge and it was only seven rows to pull out and re stitch so not too bad really... But nevertheless it has put me behind with it... I have pre warned my sister that I will be over next week finished piece in had to begin beading... She does wonderful beading and is going to assist me in the 'sparkly' bits then it is off to the framers... I have enjoyed stitching her but I am 'over it' and want to move onto something new...

Speaking of new - I have the latest copy of 'Stitch' in hand and it has some lovely bits and pieces in it - there is a little bird sitting in a tree - done in traditional crewel work... for some reason this little fellow has captured my interest and I am looking for something to put him on... LOL - at the end of my days will my daughters find these pieces of material with a few stitches here and there or more aptly put - a mermaid here, a bird in a tree there...

Well another load of washing out on the line with the first load dry and ready to bring in... The sun is still shining brightly but the cloudy bits are becoming more 'together'

Since I wrote the passage about 'Stitch' magazine I have had two phone calls - one to tell me that the store I work at is NOT closing and a new manager has been appointed - she is the person who has been manager at the other store I was working at - so she is the 'known'... Interesting days ahead... The other was a return call from a friend who I haven't spoken to in nearly 12 months... M and I always have great indepth conversations and speaking to him is always worthwhile and valuable... M and his wife J are part of my life I refer fondly to as 'my past life in this lifetime'... I lead a very different life in those days - doing very different things with very different people... When I think about those days I feel like I am looking back through a dream sequence and parts of it just don't seem real...

The mail has arrived and apart from bringing the inevitable bills which it does I have also received my next Leanne's House BOM - #6(photo in sidebar under QUILTS). Another project that hasn't been started but it will make a great addition to my stash... I have no shame :) Did I say that - not me!!!!!

I have had another go at my calico butterfly heart - I pulled off the beads and gave it a wash to remove all the 'guidelines' - ironed, it then sat on top of 'the pile'. I wanted to do something else with it but didn't know what... Last night I pulled out a couple of my other stitching books and flicked through them. There it was the answer - a stitched gate... So I sat until about 2am stitching... This is becoming a 'feel as I go' piece - I will post a picture when I have done a little more... Everytime I look at this heart I get the word 'freedom' - and perhaps it will have that stitched there too... Interesting - this stitching business and the places it takes one...

I feel good as I have achieved some bits this morning... I have even had a brief 'play' in the garden...

No comments: