Saturday, February 25, 2006

Saturday...

Well between not getting the part time position at A & R and having my op cancelled too this week I am beginning to wonder what I have done. There is an old fashioned term I could use which explains bad luck but it is racist so even in this way I won't use it. But I do wonder. Today I do feel a little down coupled with the heat we have experienced over the last few days enough I say enough - I am over it!!!!!

But then I cast my mind to those grieving parents in Mildura and that poor chap whose life was suddenly cut short while travelling on a suburban train two days ago - and I count my blessings.

I also think of my gift that arrived in the mail earlier this week and about the person who created it I feel a smile tweaking at the side of my mouth. Really I haven't too much to whinge about and I know that I will get through this difficult patch...

We have had wonderful rain through the early hours of the morning and it is deliciously cool. I am hopeful that it shall remain like that for a little while...

Off to do the days doings...

2 comments:

Anne S said...

How true your words are, Sharon - I'm the same at the moment too, just counting life's blessings and thinking what will be will be. The heat has been getting me down as well - I finally got up at 3am and put the fan on in the bedroom ... I'm a bit over it too - what a joy to see grey clouds and a wonderful breeze today ... not very often you'll hear me say that! :)) Sorry you didn't get the job - as people say to me, "it's obviously not in the great design - there's something better out there for you" :))

Unknown said...

Well, Sharon, when you're down there's only one way and that's up. I think I would have a subdued level of steam about the operation delay. As for the job - seems it's the story of my life in Melbourne. I cast the resume around like confetti. A recruiter at one agency gave me some tips about my resume. Now I thought my resume was rather good - it had always stood me in good stead in Sydney and I think it looked far better than most I'd seen. However, I am always pleased to get feedback and would rather have that than everyone ignoring you. So I took her advice and sent it back for her to check and she said it was great. Now she hasn't come back to me with regard to a job yet - but I have been getting further. Have got to more agencies - and have even got further on to actually get a real interview with a real employer. Clearly the resume is working. One recruiter remarked upon how clear it was. Nothing has materialized yet - but I keep it up. Have got snazzier at the dress up bit - but I still think a 20 something or 30 something in a mini will beat a degree and 80 wpm anytime.