Friday, March 31, 2006

A few more stitches...


LOL - you will be very bored by the time I have finished this block. But I guess this constant up-date is more for me than you. I want to keep some sort of a pictorial record of my progress...


I decided that the bullion roses looked a bit lost so I decided to add some leaves using a fine fishback stitch. The stitch is really easy but it looks more of a satin stitch on my work than fishback - but the leaves look reasonable so I am not going to re-do them. I have added some curling tendrils to give it a more 'attached' look- now roses don't look like they are free floating. I am still to add a tenderil down at the other end to even it up abit.

To the ric rac I have stitched some softly coloured variegated perle cotton and I have added some predominately mauve beads with one deeper coloured bead to add a little interest as they follow the ric rac curves.


And by sheer accident I have solved what I am going to do with the empy space on the bottom of the cornflower blue section. As I was picking out the darker coloured beads for the ric rac I dropped the packet they were in which was a sort of a 'soup mix' of all different hues and shapes and sizes of blue beads. I actually dropped them onto the block and most of them fell over that section - as I went to pick them up I saw there was a self made bead trail across the bottom of the piece. BINGO!!!! Now that was really exciting to see. Another piece of the jigsaw fallen into place - literally!!!


I have enjoyed doing these extra bits as they have fired my imagination and slowly I can see the embellishment taking place. I have decided that I will make a cushion from this piece and because I am largely a practical person this has given me a goal - and end result- to work towards.

Unfortunately '6x4 lives' has fallen off the stitching line as today is the last day of March and the weekend is not going to have much 'stitching allowance'. And I would imagine after Monday stitching will be the last thing in my thoughts and actions for a few days...

No comments: