Monday, March 13, 2006

A little bit more...


...but not much... I have added some more of G's lace to the top right and some yellow arrow stitching to the peacock green chain stitch on the floral seam. I have also 'tweaked' the agapanthus flowers on the blue section but I seem to have hit a slump with this block. I think that it is because I seem to want to put the 'cart in front of the horse' by starting with the buttons and bits and working outwards. I am trying to contain myself and do it in the correct order of things... I can see where sharonb is leading by starting and progressing in a logical order rather than my haphazard 'bumble bee' way of doing things by flitting from one bit to another. I understand that there is a the logical progression of 'building up' the block but I am itching to sew on 'some bits'. It seems that I gather my inspiration from these bits as they 'build form' in front of me. Now what might that suggest about my personality. LOL - That I might like to get to the 'good stuff' rather than lay proper foundations???? Me - Never!!!!!

2 comments:

Suse said...

Hi Sharon, just wanted to pop in to say I laughed out loud at your story (on my blog) of taking your computer for a ride in the car when it misbehaves! A great visual. Sadly I think a car trip would finish mine off.

Your block is beautiful.

Anne S said...

Your CQ block is looking great - sorry I'm late posting, but as seems to be the norm this year, I'm behind in my blog reading yet again ... I'm going to stop letting visitors come, 'cos they put my routine totally skewiff!!