Saturday, April 01, 2006

Saturday...

Today I am feeling a little odd... Last night I finished my last shift in my old position... I don't start my new position until the middle of April and I have my op (hopefully) on Monday... I feel in a bit of a no where place and I guess that is what has promoted this odd feeling. I do feel as though massive change is just a whisper away.

This date 5 years ago we had had just spent our first night here - little did we know what was ahead of us. So much has change - people have come and gone as too, have job changes. But nothing remains constant. I have started to consider that I would like to go back to some form of study - once things have settled down I shall begin that exploration. Something to do with literature I think. And so on it goes...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope the op does take place, Sharon. May no one back out this time. I pray that all goes well and that you will be out and bouncing around in double quick time. And you have a new job to look forward to! That's wonderful. The idea of study sounds great. Another thing for a literary person - have you thought about joining the Victorian Writers Centre at www.writers-centre.org and then there is the Melbourne Writers Festival at http://www.mwf.com.au/. I am a member of the former and a volunteer with the latter.

Sharon said...

Yes, miss eagle I know of the Writer Centre I was once a member too... Hopefully I will be a member again... I am looking forward to becoming very involved in this new job... I think watching the film 'Iris' about the later life of Iris Murdoch - the writer - has created my wistful dream of 'scribbling' again...