Saturday, April 22, 2006

Well...


...my first working week is over... I am exhausted both mentally and physically but it feels good to be working regular hours again and being able to plan my life again more than a week in advance. P and I have talked about our first holiday destination in 12 months time... How is that for planning??? I appreciate that I can walk to work most days and that I am so local to home... It is all those little unexpected bits that have made this position so sweet...

It has been a lot to take in - new location, new people and a new system. Even though I am still working for the same company because it is a franchise they have their own computer system at the point of sale, etc. It has taken a bit of getting my head around it and I still have a very long way to go - but I am getting there slowly. With this store however because I was always in there browsing and buying I was pretty offay with the book categories - especially the craft section - so that has helped me find most books reasonably easy. I love having a bit of a wander tidying and straightening in fact yesterday I had to remind myself that they are paying me to be there I am just not there visiting!!!!! But so far I have enjoyed myself immensly and I look forward to settling in more...

On my arrival home after my first day P had a present (the book above) for me... Although, as he said it doesn't directly deal with my sewing interests he thought that it might 'translate' into my CQ as far as ideas or designs went. I can see that it will be helpful with just the quick glance I have given itso far...

My stitching has really taken a back seat now - I am hopeful that I might even get to do some today once the 'chores' are out the way...

Well that is all from me at the present... I hope you all enjoy your weekend and have a safe one where ever in the world you may be...

No comments: