Saturday, November 04, 2006

CQRR06 - B's block...


My contribution is the top seam stitched in a combination of blanket stitch and French knots... I added small beads, the gold charm which I also beaded and the dragonflies which were paperclips from a scrapbooking shop... I wanted to suggest a continuous movement and at the same time compliment J's fan and H's flowers (which are out of shot)... I folded the block in order to get a clear picture and unfortunately didn't think to unfold it again for a second shot... H's flowers are Australian wildflowers beautifully stitched complete with tiny bees... J's as you can see is a delicate fan worked in blackwork with a trail of small flowers along the seam line... B has suggested she intends to make this block into a swing purse when it returns home to America... It is amazing how the same shape block has inspired so many different ideas and applications for use...

I am endeavouring to 'catch up' and show the things I did while I was non blogging... There is not much to see mind you...

No comments: