Saturday, January 19, 2008

In the midst of chaos...

... I played. You may remember the seahorse which I drew last year - another thing put aside into the 'someday' pile... I found it while I was cleaning up and thought (in the midst of the mess) to have another go - this time paint. -Ultimately I would like to 'do something' with this image but I am unsure as to what... Perhaps something in fabric and stitching...

Today however it was with watercolour paint and watercolour pencils... It actually looks better in the scan than in real time but who 's looking... I haven't finished it yet but it has definetely given me some ideas...

I am a little disappointed as I never got as far as completing my entry for the Linden postcard exhibition... E has hers ready to go while mine is in the pile for next year - least I will be organised... With so much going on at the home front my concentration level is next to zero...

But it was nice just to play for awhile today and perhaps it will be the promise of things to come when I have this house finally under control and get a few other home front issues sorted...

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Ooooh, I LOVE your seahorses...any seahorses. I have a couple of cross stitch patterns in various books featuring these cute little critters and am determined to stitch at least one of them one day. You might get a seahorse birthday card from me, who knows! (But don't hold your breath)