Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Yes I know...

...ok, ok so perhaps I was a little silly - but I was trying to do the right thing... I suffer as you know from asthma and a sinus condition which for the most part these few months has been manageable...

Last night I was feeling a little weary - a long weekend does that to you... Anyway I was glad to come home and have dinner - which P cooked - out of the way... I headed off to bed early after a nice shower and settled down with my book... I was feeling quite dozy but my leg was bothering me so I got up and took some Panadol tablets - I must have gone off to sleep for a little while. The next thing I knew was that I woke up and I couldn't breathe properly - my nose was congested, my chest felt tight and I couldn't stop sneezing - I was also feeling quite hot...

To cut a long story short apparently I had an allergic reaction to something - it will remain a "something" as I have no idea what set the attack off. The only thing different which I had to eat was some liquorice that E bought home with her - I had had some after my dinner - but not a huge amount - only a few pieces really.

I ended sitting up for a couple of hours in the wee small hours trying to breathe properly because my nose was so blocked... Yes, my chest was tight, yes, I was feeling clammy and yes in hindsight, I should have woken P - but at the time I didn't want to disturb everyone for nothing...

This morning I felt like I had done 10 rounds with an obnoxious customer and lost every one. First P lectured me, then W at work told me off , the chemist also suggested I should have woken someone and last but not least - the doctor - because the chemist said it may not be a bad idea to have a checkup with him - said I should have possibly gone to the hospital when the symptoms were at their peak...

I asked the Dr why I have become so sensitive - he suggested that a poor immune system which is continually compromised becomes overtaxed and reacts to things it may not usually. He then went on to say that a good health immune system can be accomplished by good nutrition, enough exercise and adequate sleep and less stress. I told that I could manage the first three but the last maybe just a wee bit difficult...

Yes I know that I have to take better care myself and yes I do know that NEXT time I will wake someone...

And so you have it - my sad little tale...

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Oh dear, Sharon - that sounds like an angina attack...but your doctor would have picked that up, surely. Just keep on sending those resumes off, and have some D and M's with your nearest and dearest about the Old Man in your lives...talk soon.