Sunday, December 14, 2008

Its starting to smell...

... alot like Christmas - or so I am told. Having very, very little to no sense of smell or taste - I miss out on all the good things. In the last week we (or should I say ) P has put up the Christmas tree - a real one this year... As usually he has done a great job - more patience than I have - it took about three nights but it is done and twinkling... I am told it smells lovely...

Today I baked my almond crescents and found a suitable hiding place - otherwise they wouldn't last until the end of the week let alone Christmas Day... They too apparently smelt wonderful as they were cooking. I, well P mainly, made rum balls - those I have frozen to ensure that they too will survive until Christmas week... I believe that they taste delicious.

I hope to make a boiled fruit cake as my Christmas cake on Thursday - this year I am buying my mince pies and I still have a homemade Christmas pudding in the fridge since last year - fortified with more alcohol than I care to think about every couple of months - so I am nearly set... I would like to make a couple of other things but this week the shop is opening earlier and Thursday and Friday night closing at 10pm. We closed at 10pm last Friday night too and I was shattered - my body was telling me it was bedtime and there were people were still trying to decide what to buy at 9.50 - gimme me a break - the staff do want to go home before dawn... Thank goodness I had the weekend off....

We are having our family Christmas Day next Sunday as M &D are spending this Christmas with his family interstate - so hence I am thinking nearly a week ahead... Still on Christmas Day we will have a relaxing day just lolling about maybe joined by one friend... I think after the three trading days beforehand it will be a bit of an anti -climax really and I may just want to sleep the whole day away...


No comments: